Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thankfulness Thursdays : Week Eleven


Welcome to another week of Thankfulness Thursdays inspired by Ashley at Domestic Fashionista! Each week I share someone or something for which I am thankful as a way to remind myself of all that I have in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving.

This week I am thankful for the beautiful place we call home.

I've lived in a lot of different parts of the country. I was born and raised in New Hampshire, spent high school and then some in Colorado, went to college in Washington state, lived for a year after college in Texas and finally moved to San Diego seven years ago. Each place has its own beauty and unique qualities, but I'm very happy to call southern California my home.
We have such temperate weather. No more starting the car fifteen minutes early in the morning to warm it up, no more shoveling snow and no more scraping the windshield. We don't get a lot of rain and we live just far enough in from the coast to enjoy an abundance of sunny days year-round. Sometimes I miss the New England autumn or the snow-filled Christmases, but mostly I'm happy right where I am. I'm thankful to have such a beautiful place to live with my family and I need to remember to take advantage of it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share