Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 Days to a More Organized Life : Day Ten : Tracking Our Schedule

Today I'm bringing back a previous post about our weekly calendar with a few updates.


I found a great printable week-at-a-glance calendar at Mommy Tracked. They have a bunch of other options but this one looked like it would work best for us. It has a space for each day of the current week, plus small sections for kid's activities and the dinner plan for that day.
I printed the calendar out on card stock and framed it in a simple, black frame I picked up for $5 at Walmart. It's pretty lightweight so I just used adhesive Command strips to mount it on the wall. There are so many cute options for making your own vinyl calendar, but this is a really easy and quick alternative that allows you to use dry erase markers on the glass in the frame.
We have a yearly calendar showing the full month at our command center. We use that for marking down big events, future activities beyond this week, and important dates. Each week I update the date and transfer any activities, appointments, etc from the main calendar to this one. I also add in any events not on the main calendar, mark the dates and times we have sitters, and jot down the meals for each night's dinner (if I know them- just being honest). So far it's been working great for us. Even my preschooler knows that she can check the calendar to see what's going on this week. 

Thanks for stopping by! If you'd like to check out the rest of the series, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share