Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Leibster Award Nomination

I'm really excited to share that I was nominated for the Leibster Award by Mary at Cherry Blossom Love! I've been reading Mary's blog since the beginning of October and it's great. She's a new mom, talented with graphic design and all around awesome so you should check out her blog!

The Leibster Award is geared towards building up recognition of smaller blogs (less than 200 followers). Each nominee selects other small blogs to nominate as a way to spread the blog love! Here are the rules...


*Each nominee must share 11 things about themselves.
*They must also answer 11 questions asked by the person who tagged them.
*They must create 11 questions for the bloggers they choose to nominate.
*They select 11 blogs of less than 200 followers to nominate.
*The lucky bloggers they choose must be told.
*No tag-backs.

Here are my nominees!


11 Things About Me
1. I love the summer because I love to be tan - not in an unhealthy Jersey Shore way and I use a lot of sunscreen, but I love that summery glow.
2. I took piano lessons for several years when I was younger and wish that I had kept up with it so I could play now.
3. I hate to run. I really admire people who run marathons because that is not something I have any interest in doing ever.
4. The biggest thing I dislike about living in southern California is not having a distinct fall season with leaves changing and cool weather. It was 80 yesterday.
5. Both my kids were born premature and spent time in the NICU. My daughter was 6 weeks early and my son was 5 weeks early.
6. I would really like to be a better photographer.
7. I think one of the best things about road trips is eating gas station snacks - the horrifically bad for you apple pies in the crackly wrapper are my favorite.
8. Diet soda is one of my least favorite food/beverage items.
9. I hope that someday we find an awesome lake where we can rent (or buy) a house and take our kids during the summer with other friends and their kids.
10. Sometimes the smell of smoke from nearby houses in the fall or winter is nauseating to me because I had horrible morning sickness during my first pregnancy while there were forest fires in our area.
11. Reading is my escape and I would really love to write my own novel someday.

11 Questions from my nominator, Mary from Cherry Blossom Love
1. What is one item you could never live without? Why? Chapstick/lip balm. I hate to have dry lips and I am a chronic chapstick user.
2. What is your favorite post you have written? Why? I think it would have to be The Big Reveal when I showed off our newly renovated kitchen. It reminds me of all the hard work and planning that we put in to make sure this was a worthwhile renovation. I love the way it turned out and it was definitely worth it! 
3. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
4.What has been the best gift you have ever received? My engagement ring. We chose the setting but the diamond is a family heirloom from my husband's grandmother. It's an honor to wear this ring for so many reasons.
5. If you could go back in time and do one thing differently, what would it be? I would work a little harder in college and skip class a little less.
6. How much time do you spend a day blogging? Probably 1-2 hours on average.
7. How much time do you wish you could? Depends on the day, but 4 or 5 would probably help me feel less rushed and more organized.
8.What is your favorite Pinterest pin? It's pretty simple but I love this wine barrel outdoor decor. I look at it over and over.
9. If you could team up with any company for a product review/giveaway who would it be? I would love to pair up with Annie Sloan and review her chalkboard paint. I love all the colors and how much it transforms a piece.
10. Did you like high school or college better? Why? College. I learned how to let go and really have fun. I also learned the importance of good girlfriends and made friends for life.
11. Who is your male/female celebrity crush? My celebrity girl crush is Jennifer Aniston. I know that's not exactly original but I just think she embodies casual effortless beauty. She makes jeans with a t-shirt and scarf look put-together and I love that.

11 Questions for my nominees
1. If you could have any super hero power, what would it be and why?
2. What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
3. Who is the blogger that you most enjoy reading? Why?
4. What is your dream DIY project?
5. If you could spend one week anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
6. What characteristic or value do you most hope people recognize about you?
7. What movie can you watch over and over no matter how many times you've seen it?
8. What is your favorite song currently playing on the radio?
9. If you could be a guest on any talkshow, whose would it be and why?
10. What magazine would you want to be featured in most?
11. What is your favorite techno-tool (app, product, etc.)?

4 comments:

  1. SJ, thank you so much for the nomination. I can't wait to pass this forward to others. I have lots to think about now. Thank you again. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyayaya way to go sister! So proud of you! How fun :) -m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the nomination, i loved reading your answers and i look forward to making some up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived in CA for year and missed Fall as well!!! I skipped a lot of class in college too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share