Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thankfulness Thursdays/ Week Two



It's week two of Thankfulness Thursdays, inspired by Ashley from Domestic Fashionista, and I'm going to choose another really obvious one. I am thankful for my little ones.

My two kiddos have been an abundant blessing in my life. For as long as I can remember, I dreamed of becoming a mama and these children make me feel that I am realizing my purpose in life. Of course I have other roles, but my husband and kids have molded me into something that feels supremely right. I am still a daughter, a sister, a friend, but my place as wife and mother fulfill me in a different way.

While I teach my kids hundreds of lessons day in and day out, they have taught me and strengthened me so much as well.

When I didn't think I could possibly function from shear lack of sleep, they showed me that a tiny hand grasping my finger is enough to help me push past the exhaustion.

When I am so concerned with keeping track of time and juggling my to-do list, they show me that sometimes the clock doesn't matter if it means savoring the moment instead.

When I feel overwhelmed with the responsibility of raising these children to become decent, kind, loving adults, they remind me that it is usually the simplest acts that teach the most about love and kindness.

Even when I'm exhausted or cranky or irritable, I can't imagine my life without my sweet girl and my precious boy. I am by no means the perfect mother and they are not always perfect children, but I am perfectly their mother and they are perfectly my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share