Friday, August 31, 2012

Banana Oatmeal Muffins


When I saw this recipe on Pinterest for easy banana muffins, it was one of those no-brainer pins. I didn't look at the full recipe right away because the description was enough of a sell. Easy? Good. Banana? Good. Muffins? Goood. (Name that show!)

The recipe on Keeping Up With the Joneses is super easy and uses basic ingredients. I also read a few of the comments to see if anyone had done anything differently. It's always nice to have options right?! Both kiddos helped me and the muffins turned out to be so yummy! Even my fussy little guy likes them.

You can see the original recipe here and how Jess made them, but I'll tell you what I did differently. For one, I used my food processor instead of a blender. Basically our blender sucks and my food processor doesn't so it was an easy decision.

I gave the oats a spin in the food processor before adding anything else to make them smoother and easier to blend in the batter. I also used a 6oz vanilla yogurt instead of Greek yogurt because that's what I had on hand. Because I was using a sweeter yogurt, I cut the sugar back to a 1/2 cup based on some of the comments on the post. Otherwise I stuck to the ingredients and followed the instructions.

Next time I make these, I would use riper bananas. I usually wait until my bananas are softer and a little brown before baking with them, but I'm impatient and these sounded good. I also might throw in some mini chocolate chips and see how that goes. The muffins are more dense than traditional muffins because they don't contain flour, but they are delicious and actually a good size for little ones. They take a few minutes to whip up and only 20-25 to bake. Success!

Sharing this post at...

4 comments:

  1. they look adorable! I think your blog is very inspiring, i enjoyed reading it. Lets follow each other!
    http://babyemilycloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such sweet compliments! I'll check out your blog for sure :)

      Delete
  2. I love anything banana....so thank you for sharing this recipe with us...and thank you for taking the time to link up to our first HAPPY HOUR FRIDAY linky party...it means a great deal....I'm your newest fan...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for becoming a follower! Love the new Happy Hour party :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share