Monday, July 30, 2012

A Little Pinspiration for Monday

It's Monday and the hubs and I just got back from a weekend wedding getaway last night so I need a little help getting going today! The wedding was in beautiful Steamboat Springs, CO. It was wonderful, but both Friday and Sunday were lonnnggg travel days. It's hard to get home late Sunday night and jump right into the groove on Monday morning. (The kids do not seem to get this.)

I have a lot of fun projects in the works but none of them are happening today! Instead I thought I'd share some of the awesome creations out there that I've pinned for future DIY projects.

Dress Up a Box Spring
Check out this cool tutorial from Urban Nest on how to create a cover for your box spring or even make it look like a faux frame for your bed. We have a giant bed frame but the box spring is still exposed and this would be a cool way to make it a little prettier.


Burlap & Button "Art"
I love the basic idea behind these button letters from Pottery Barn Kids. I like that each letter is in a separate frame so it adds dimension. I like that the burlap and buttons are simple but add texture. You could make this work for so many different rooms. It's a super cute idea for a little girl's room but I'm thinking this might be fun in our bathroom or for the holidays.
Note: As far as I can tell PB Kids doesn't actually sell the button art. It's just part of a room design featured online, which you can see if you click on the link above.


Family Organization Station
I used to have a tolerable spot for our calendar and message area when the side of our fridge was exposed. Now the fridge is enclosed and the doors are non-magnetic stainless steel (plus I like the front of the fridge not to be clean and bare.) We need a new space for all our family business, especially with school starting in a few weeks. I love this space from BH&G.


Sweet Book Decor
I love these paperback books turned cute decor from Simply KellyB. I think they would be awesome for a fall mantel or table-top display. She gives a simple tutorial towards the end of the post so go check it out and see all the other fun ways Kelly uses books and pages.


So there you have it! A little pinspiration to get everyone moving on this fine Monday. Tune in tomorrow for a fun surprise!!


1 comment:

  1. I love the box spring idea! Just what I need for my bed! The frames are cute too. I have a lot of little projects on my to do list, but I can't find the time to do any of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share