Monday, April 6, 2009

New Vegetable Garden = Aching Muscles

I love spring! This past weekend was in the 70s and perfectly sunny. On Saturday we took advantage of the nice weather and took a trip to the local garden store where we chose a selection of veggies for a small plot on the end of our rose garden. We decided to be a little adventurous and we'll see what comes of it in a few months. Tomatoes, lettuce, strawberries and pumpkins came home with us, along with a new hydrangea bush and a calla lily.

Supposedly strawberries grow very well in our area, and I think it would be wonderful to have fresh berries in the summer instead of buying one of those overpriced packages at the grocery store that we can never seem to finish. I also love the idea of carving pumpkins at Halloween that came out of our own garden. We have grand visions of dedicating a much larger space in the back yard to a vegetable garden but we thought it would be smart to start small and see how it turns out. I'm not exactly a green thumb so I'm following a lot of instructions from the Fiance on this project. A LOT.

Below is our rose garden at the end of February after the bushes all got chopped down. So sad.

The roses are about to have their first big bloom but these pictures were taken about a week ago when we started seeing the first roses. Did I mention I love spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share