Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lazy Saturday

I love the weekend. I love that it's 11:00 and I haven't even showered yet. I find it strange and wonderful that even though I no longer work outside the home on the weekdays, the weekends still hold significance. I worried that all the days would blend together once I was at home full time, but I still look forward to the weekends when life seems to slow down just a bit. Today we don't have any commitments and the sitter is coming tonight so Fiance and I can have our usual weekly date night. Tomorrow holds all the promise of a lowkey bbq with friends. I'm already wishing that we were closer to corn season but I'd settle for some good potato salad.

Baby girl is close to crawling and that often has me looking around the house with anxiety seeing as how our house is one of the least child-proof homes ever. Our saving grace... we don't have stairs. Ultimately I watch with anticipation as she climbs up on hands and knees. I can almost see the wheels turning as she tries to figure out how to get moving. I know that one day soon she will astonish us and just do it. Until then it's time to bust out all those safety latches we have and start helping our home to be a little less of an accident waiting to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share