Saturday, March 14, 2009

Blog-Hopping

Lately I've been pretty lazy about writing on my own page but have done a lot of searching through other blogs. There are some that I really like and have added to my sidebar. I've been feeling pretty crafty in the past month and this was partly inspired by sites like Portobello Pixie and U-Handblog. I busted out my sewing machine for the first time in months and made a brand new bag for spring. I found the pattern on Portobello Pixie and I'm in love. It was much easier than I thought it would be, especially since I haven't really sewed much of anything in several years. I guess sewing is sort of like riding a bike. The new bag is almost complete and I hope to post a picture as soon as the camera is back in action.

I've also been frequenting a few wedding-related sites and finding some great inspiration for my own upcoming nuptials. My favorite is Melissa's Smitten which is the blog of an invitation designer who has the same classic taste as Martha Stewart Weddings. Another really fun site is Classic Bride which is mainstream but with a little kitsch added in. Both are great for creative ideas as well as tips on budgeting, DIY, and adding personality to your wedding. I'm all about not having a wedding that speaks to who we are and not focusing on what is or isn't appropriate or traditional for a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share