Monday, November 5, 2012

Post Halloween

Even with a self-imposed time out this weekend, I didn't want to skip a post sharing our fun Halloween decor. I don't do much inside the house since the kids are still pretty young, but this year I took on the outdoor responsibilities. With the help of my sister who was visiting for the week, my plan worked out pretty well if I do say so myself (plus we got a lot of compliments from trick-or-treaters!)

The only sad part is that the day was so busy that we took only a few pictures so it's hard to see it all in action. But at least these give you the idea. We don't usually put up our Halloween stuff outside until the day before or the day of and usually the hubs takes charge, using a wide array of random Halloween decorations. This year with mama running the show, I decided we needed a theme!


Our theme was all about pirates!!

This guy was on our doorstep guarding his treasure. It took some coaxing to get him situated right but in the end it all worked out.

Since you can't see the doorstep from the street, we made a giant pirate ship out of cardboard boxes to set up in front of the garage. We had little skeletons clinging to the boat and lined the silhouette with white lights so it would be visible after dark. The pirate ship was a big hit with trick-or-treaters!
This is the best picture of the ship all lit up after dark and our little group of kiddos are sort of blocking it, but you get the idea. We lined the whole boat with lights, including the mast so you could still see the pirate flag at night. All in all, I like how it all looked and I'm already cooking up my theme for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share