Monday, May 4, 2009

Spring Cleaning

simple-mom-spring-cleaning-party

The Simple Mom has started an online spring cleaning party and I'm going to try to take advantage of the added motivation to get things spiffed up a little around the house. Today's task is decluttering or a "clean sweep," the idea being that if you clean off the surfaces first it will make cleaning easier later. Plus just sweeping the accumulated stuff from the counters, tables, etc makes the house look instantly cleaner. She also recommends having boxes for giving away/selling and also for trash. I'm working during naps so it might be a little spaced out, but here are a few before and after pictures to prove that I'm getting the job done!

This is the corner of the guest room. There's a small desk mostly for storage at this point but we tend to use the guest room as the catch-all for things we want to keep out of the living room.

It didn't take too much to get this area tidied up but clearing off the desktop made it feel like an accomplishment.
It's easy for the nightstands to get out of control, especially my nightstand because I like to read before bed and the stack grows quickly. A lot of the books had already been finished or are baby books that I no longer need.

Ahhh. Much better. Hope to post more later after the second nap.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem on my nightstand. I solved it by using a basket (I already had)and putting the current books - I never read one at a time - along with my Bible and such into it and putting it at the foot of the bed. I will have to train myself to put the book I read at bedtime into the basket either right before I turn out the light or when I get up in the morning, but I thought it was worth a shot. i mean, sometimes I can't see the alarm clock for the pile of books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share