Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Computer Caught a Cold

Aka a virus. A nasty one. One so bad that even my dad the software engineer couldn’t fix it. I had to physically take my laptop to a repair shop and let some guy remove the virus. And for the record, I wasn’t surfing “inappropriate sites” on the internet. I was actually looking for a picture to add to my blog post; a post which no longer exists because of course it wasn’t saved prior to my computer having a nervous breakdown.

Thankfully I didn’t lose anything. Even more thankfully I had recently backed up all our pictures and videos because obviously if I hadn’t, I would have lost everything. That’s how Murphy’s Law works and for once I was on the right side of the law. That being said, if I ever happen to meet someone who casually mentions that they write virus programs for a living, I will beat their ass to a pulp. Seriously? Get a real job and stop screwing with other people’s stuff!

Anyway… here are some pieces of the post I wrote on Friday. Just a few links really to blogs where people actually write posts on a regular basis (unlike some of us). In honor of spring, the web is buzzing with all the happy homemakers updating their home decor.

Layla at a The Lettered Cottage wrote a few great posts about updating your mantel. The one about her mantel update is great and definitely inspired me to lighten things up a little.

Kate at Centsational Girl has also been on the spring kick lately and I loved this post about freshening up her dining room. I like the idea that just a few small changes can have a big impact on the overall look and feel of a room. Our dining room is right at the top of my list right now and I have some ideas brewing.

Melissa from The Inspired Room brought the updating to the outside with a great post about bringing spring to your front porch.

That’s all I have for today. Hopefully my next post will be about my own house :) Many works in progress…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share