Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Getting Back on the Wagon

Everything was going on just dandy with phase one until Friday. Then with one little cheater meal (pizza) it was a downward spiral and before I knew it, I was eating sandwiches on the most delicious crusty white bread and eating the best soup ever full of potatoes. Sigh. I feel a little guilty that I didn't last all the way to day 14 but it was so worth it for the soup alone!



Now it's all about rebounding from the weekend of cheating and regrouping for this week. I don't want to lose the momentum I had gained over the past couple weeks, eating more vegetables and taking the spotlight off carbs and sugar in my diet. So I'm basically taking a slightly modified approach to another week on phase one. Translation: I'm eating according to phase one principle as much as possible but slipping in the occasional starch, fruit or treat.

I did lose 4lbs over the past couple weeks and I don't want that progress (small though it may be) to backtrack. I wasn't exercising as much as I should have last week either just due to life happening. I know, excuses, excuses. But sometimes that's the way it goes and I'd rather focus on getting back on track than on beating myself up for my failures. Here's to a new week and a better plan of attack. I've got a meal plan for dinner already set up and went shopping yesterday.

Monday - leftover turkey tacos with black beans
Tuesday - grilled chicken caesar salad
Wednesday - baked tilapia with sauteed crookneck squash/zucchini and salad
Thursday - probably takeout from either Panera or Chipotle (both offer good phase 1 options)
Friday - whole wheat spaghetti with turkey meatballs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share