Monday, January 5, 2009

Reflection and Resolution

It's only natural this time of year to be looking at the past and setting goals for the future. The past year has been pretty monumental for me. I got engaged and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Both are life-changing events and have made 2008 my best year so far. I've always wanted to be a mom and my daughter is about as perfect as I could ever imagine. We've been through our fair share of sleepless nights and stressful times as new parents, but the times when I feel like I don't know what the hell I'm doing have gotten fewer and farther between. I think that's called progress. Or maybe that's just parenting. After watching her grow and change so much in the past 7 months, I can only imagine how amazing the next year will be.

In the past few years I really haven't made many resolutions because I tend to be the type to go strong for a couple weeks and then completely lag from then on. I like to make resolutions about things that I might actually do or am already in the process of doing. I also think it makes more sense to aim for goals that are relevant to my life and not just things I "should" be doing. At first it was difficult for me to think of any resolutions for 2009, but finally the ideas started flowing. One of my goals may seem cliche or even just plain trendy, but I really want to "green up" our house this year. I'm not saying we're going to start raising goats in the backyard and weaving our own cloth, but I would like to make some small changes that would make us a little friendlier to the environment. For anyone else with the same ambition, there is a great site I just found at called EnviroMom. They have some really good ideas without being preachy.

One of the last plans to hit the page was to start writing again. Well, here I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share